[Home]

The Essex Association of Change Ringers   President: The Right Reverend the Lord Bishop of Chelmsford


Essex Association of Change Ringers - Home page

[Photograph of Writtle tower]

Welcome to the web site of the Essex Association of Change Ringers

Founded at Writtle, near Chelmsford, in 1879 the Association predates the Diocese of Chelmsford by some 35 years. Its boundaries are those of the old county of Essex prior to 1st April 1965. With a membership of over 1000, the Association is committed to the furtherance of the work of the Church by ringing bells, promoting bells and bell ringers, and keeping the bells of Essex churches ringing. This is achieved by giving help and advice in the maintenance of bell installations, by making grants available for restoration and improvement projects, and by offering opportunities for training and advancement in 'method ringing'.

Recent additions

Recent Association peals

Central Council news

  • BBC Music Day 2017 (1 day, 22 hours ago): BBC Music Day is returning for its third year on Thursday 15 June 2017.  Michael[...]
  • Annual Meeting Papers now available (1 day, 22 hours ago): All of the papers for the Central Council annual meeting being held in Edinburgh at[...]
  • CRAG Final Summary & Report (2 days, 11 hours ago): The final summary & full report from the Central Council Review Action Group are now[...]
  • How to arrange ART courses (2 weeks, 4 days ago): The Association of Ringing Teachers is getting frequent enquiries about how to arrange or attend[...]
  • Whitechapel Bell Foundry (2 weeks, 5 days ago): Ringers will be aware of debate over the Whitechapel Foundry and may be interested in[...]

Further information

Further information can be obtained from the Hon. General Secretary , or in the Association's Annual Report.

If you see anything on this web site that you believe to be incorrect, please contact the Webmaster .


RSS feed | Site Map | | ©1985-2016 The Essex Association of Change Ringers, registered as a Charity No 292250