The Association runs a bookstall, currently looked after by Christina Brewster, which is at present at most Association events i.e. the Essex Course in April, the Association training day in November as well as at most of the District ADM’s in January. Books are often purchased at discounted prices with any profits going to the Association’s Bell Restoration Account.
The bookstall stocks a large number of Central Council publications as well as others from Sherbourne Teaching Aids, Steve Coleman, the Whiting Society, JNL Ringing Books by Tom Longridge and David Marshall that will complement your learning. The bookstall covers a wide range of subjects covering learning, teaching, bell maintenance, methods and compositions. Included in the stock of books are:
- Dove's Guide for Church Bell Ringers (10th edition 2012)
- Diagrams (2011 blue edition)
- the Companion series of books written by Steve Coleman including the recently published ‘Ringing in History Companion’
- Sherbourne Teaching Aids (including One-per-learner Book, Follow-on Book, Ringers Exercise Book and Bell Club Awards)
- Teaching Tips and Teaching Unravelled, both written by Pip Penney, and recommended reading for those undertaking the ITTS modules
- Essex Association related merchandise including pencils, car stickers and handbooks.
Several new books have been published recently including:
- Come on! Listen to it!
- Conducting and Coursing Order
- Doubles or Quits – Or How to Conquer Plain Bob Doubles
- From Rounds to Ropesight
- Method 400
- Plain Bob Minor – A Mine of Information
- Progress – A Scrapbook of Bellringing
- Standard 90
For further details of the new books click here.
The bookstall affords members the chance to look at the books before buying and to ensure that the level is appropriate. Look out for the Bookstall at events throughout the year.
Bookstall Bargains to Clear
The stock of books currently held has been reviewed with the aim to clear some slow moving stock, specialist books and books which are either out of print or unlikely to be replaced due to increased prices.
The following list of books (updated November 2016) can be obtained (while stocks last) from the Bookstall Administrator
If you are interested in a particular publication, send an email to . She would also be happy to order special requests. Once available, the network of ringers will soon make sure it finds its way to you. However, depending on method of delivery postage & packing may have to be added to the cost.
Write to Christina Brewster, 16 The Priory, Writtle, CM1 3JE
Phone 01245 421166
Please note that we may, in certain circumstances, be able to provide a postal service for purchasing. This may mean that postage & packing may have to be added to the cost. Payment can now be made by electronic bank transfer (please ask for details).